The latest catamaran from Hobie Cat Europe, the Hobie Catsy, completes the Hobie rotomoulded polyethylen family of catamarans ranging from 11 to 16 feet. With a length of 3,10 m, everything on board has been based on simplicity and safety thus allowing the youngest entry level sailors to discover the fun of catamaran sailing and surfing techniques.
- Length : 3,10 m
- Beam : 1,66 m
- Mast height : 3,80/4,10 m
- Main area : 3,75/5,00 m²
- Jib area : 0,85 m²
- Weight (ca): 72 kg
- Crew: 2
- EC Homologation
- category D
- Hulls : Symmetrical hulls in rotomoulded sandwich polyethylene
- Carrying handles, large inspection ports for ease of assembly.
- Beams : Front crossbar with captive mast foot ball for free rotation
- Trampoline : 1-piece mesh trampoline.
- Rudders : Fixed spade polyester rudders.
- Sails : in Dacron coloured, horizontal cut - Square top loosefooted main.
- Alternative rig
- small rig (mast = 3,80 m & main = 3,75 m²)
- big rig (mast = 4,10 m & main = 5 m²)
- Keel : extra wide for beaching.
- Mainsheet system : fixed point
- Aluminium tiller extension